With Mark Scammell and Donna Scammell locked in as the Men’s and Women’s head coaches, planning has been underway for the State Under 23 teams program, with the teams to compete in Queensland from 7 July – 13 July.
In order to be eligible for selection into these teams athletes will need to fill out the State Team Nomination Form, get their Association to sign off on it and email it to Simon Blundell at firstname.lastname@example.org before 4 February. In addition, it is expected that all athletes wishing to be part of the U23 teams be available to compete at the Open State Championships to be held on 9/10 March at Northern Districts Softball Association.
Where athletes will not be participating in the Open State Championships due to a valid reason (travel, injury, work commitments) but wish to be considered for either the Under 23 or Open teams they will need to submit a request for exemption to Simon Blundell providing any relevant supporting documents (travel itinerary, medical certificate, declaration from employer) absolutely no later than 2 March.
Trials for both U23 teams will occur on Sunday 10 February (Dandenong) and Sunday 17 February (Werribee) from 9:00am to 12:00pm on both days. The coaches have decided to go to a squad before selecting the final teams to go away following the Open State Championships. So, we encourage you to turn up on both days with your game face on ready to demonstrate your best technical, tactical and teamwork skills.
State Team Selectors
Softball Victoria is also calling for nominations to act as selectors for our Under 23 State teams, interested individuals are required to have the following:
- Hold a minimum Level 2 Coach Accreditation and current Working with Children’s Check
- Have played or coached at a State or National level in the last 15 years
- Must have coached at club level in the last 3 years
In addition to these applicants will be required to:
- Liaise with Coaches and SV office staff
- Attend all of the trials for the team appointed to
- Take detailed notes on all of the trialists and complete the Selectors report at the end of the trials process
- Potentially be available prior to and following trials to assist with planning and final selection of the teams/squads
For individuals interested in being selectors please click here and complete the nomination form by Wednesday 30 January.
If you have any questions regarding any of the above please contact the Softball Victoria office.