ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM:
At the conclusion of the SV Men’s Fastpitch season, the All-Team Tournament has been revealed for the 2020-21 season.
Grand finalists’ the Metrans have the most players represented to the team with five players.
Mark Rigg, Michael Dyson, Paul Maisey, Joel Southam and Ricky Wheeler were all selected for their consistent seasons.
Premiers’ Cougars would have its leader George Psimaris picked as short stop of the team, with Pat Brackley picked at third base, and utility Lewis Weldon as the DP.
The remaining spots would go to Knights’ duo of Steven Dawson and James Grego, and Hawks’ Noah Cooney also named in the squad as an outfielder.
- PITCHER – MARK RIGG (METRANS)
- CATCHER – MICHAEL DYSON (METRANS)
- FIRST BASE – PAUL MAISEY (METRANS)
- SECOND BASE – JOEL SOUTHAM (METRANS)
- THIRD BASE – PAT BRACKLEY (COUGARS)
- SHORT STOP – GEORGE PSIMARIS (COUGARS)
- OUT FIELDER – STEVEN DAWSON (KNIGHTS)
- OUT FIELDER – RICKY WHEELER (METRANS)
- OUT FIELDER – NOAH COONEY (HAWKS)
- DP – LEWIS WELDON (COUGARS)
- RELIEVE PITCHER – JAMES GREGO (KNIGHTS)
END OF SEASON AWARDS:
BATTING AWARD, PLAYER’S PLAYER OF THE SEASON – JOEL SOUTHAM (METRANS)
In addition to his selection at second base as part of the All-Tournament squad, Southam would be awarded with the batting award and voted as the players player of the season.
With a batting average of .524, 16 home runs and 54 RBIs, Southam put in a great season.
SV MEN’S FASTPITCH MVP – ALEX CHAPMAN (WAVERLEY)
Waverley’s pitcher would be awarded the tournament’s MVP, voted by umpires. The side’s standout player throughout the season, Chapman had a batting average of .309, scored three home runs and 17 RBIs.
He pitched in 22 games for nine wins, and one save, with 182 strike out in 180 innings.
Chapman was well-rounded star in the 2020-21 Fastpitch season.