Following the changes to the easing of COVID-19 restrictions announced by Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews on Saturday, 20 June 2020, Softball Victoria is pleased to confirm that underage training and competition can resume, and non-contact senior activity can also resume.
The Victorian Government has allowed some aspects of community sport to return beginning from 11:59 PM on Sunday, 21 June, which includes:
- Non-contact training and non-contact competition in groups of no more than twenty (20) for participants over the age of 18
- Full-contact training and competition with no limit on numbers for participants under the age of 18
- Activities that promote a minimum social distance of 1.5 metres
- Spectators for training and competitions must abide by public gathering restrictions– spectators should be in groups of no more than 10 people in open, outdoor venues and spread out around the ground or venue.
- Clubrooms can be opened with a limit of 20 people in clubrooms at any one time; strict social distancing rules apply including adherence to 1 person per 4m2
Senior activity for both training and competition must remain as non-contact in groups of no more than 20, maintaining all social distancing and hygiene requirements. This means adjusting formats to remove tagging and physical contact of any kind, and ensuring that social distancing rules are adhered to by all players and officials.
Please view the updated SV Return to Activity Guide via the link below:
For further information please contact Softball Victoria CEO Nick Frayne on 0407 398 081 or email email@example.com