Softball Victoria – COVID-19 Update

Softball Victoria – COVID-19 Update

8th July 2020

Following Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews’ announcements made yesterday afternoon on the return to stage three lockdown restrictions in metropolitan Melbourne, Softball Victoria confirms the shutdown of all softball activity in metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire area for the next six weeks, starting at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, 8 July 2020.

This shutdown means no softball activity of any kind is to occur in metropolitan Melbourne including meetings, events, training or activities. This also includes the Softball Victoria Winter Academy, which will be postponed until further notice.

These restrictions apply to metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire, while there have been no changes announced to current restrictions across regional Victoria.

For further information and a breakdown of the local government areas included in the restrictions please click HERE

“We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as necessary moving forward,” Softball Victoria CEO Nick Frayne said this morning.

“It is clear that Victoria is dealing with significant COVID-19 challenges at the moment, and we need to remain vigilant to protect softball whilst preparing for a return to activity in the coming weeks and months.”

“Victorian softball has demonstrated our ability to lead the community in adhering to the restrictions previously in place, and I expect that this will continue over the next six weeks,” said Frayne.

“Softball Victoria staff will be providing increased support to member associations in the coming weeks to ensure that we are ready to return when these restrictions are lifted,” said Frayne.

For further information please contact Softball Victoria CEO Nick Frayne at nick.frayne@softballvic.org.au