Softball Victoria invites applications for positions on the newly formed State Teams Committee (STC).
The STC’s purpose is to support the management of SV State teams, high performance and pathway programs and provide strategic expertise to the State team programs from 2020/21 and beyond.
Responsibilities of the STC will include:
- Overseeing the recruitment process for all state team roles – including Head Coach positions.
- Ensuring relevant policies and procedures are followed.
- Working closely with organising committees of the Peta Edebone Cup, Men’s State League, and Regional Coordinators within the State Championships pathway.
- Providing leadership and guidance to all State team and pathway coaches and athletes.
Click HERE to view the STC Terms of Reference:
The STC will comprise of no more than six members and include the State Coordinator of Coaching (SCC) and a relevant SV staff member as a minimum.
(Click HERE to view the SSC PD)
The remaining four positions will be appointed at the discretion of the SV CEO.
A current Level 2 coaching accreditation or higher, and three years as Head, Assistant or Specialist Coach within a State team program is desirable.
A Chair is to be recommended to the CEO by the STC following the inaugural meeting.
The Chairperson will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the scheduling, agenda and guidance of meetings.
- Ensuring all discussion items end with a decision, action, or definite outcome.
- Act as the conduit with the CEO and staff of Softball Victoria.
To apply for a position on the State Teams Committee please email Softball Victoria CEO Nick Frayne at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following:
- A one-page resume outlining your softball background and achievements and other relevant experience, professional or otherwise.
- A brief outline of what interests you about the STC (max 200 words).
Deadline for applications: 5:00pm on Friday 30th October 2020.
If you have any questions please contact Nick Frayne on (03) 9957 7965