The SV 2020 Masters tournament has been postponed due to COVID-19.
We understand that there is a possibility that the current lockdown measures may ease in the coming months, however Greater Shepparton City Council have confirmed that all sporting events that are booked in June will not go ahead. SV also want to give all teams as much notice as possible to cancel travel and accommodation bookings.
We will be working with Greater Shepparton City Council to find another suitable weekend for the tournament later in the year. Teams and individuals will be able to request a refund if necessary once the new dates of the event are confirmed.
It is likely that any future sporting event held in 2020 in Victoria will be required to adhere to new government guidelines. We are anticipating that the event will need to have a restriction on team entries, with teams that have already registered for the June tournament provided priority access.
We will continue to communicate with these teams and our softball community as more details are confirmed.