With Mark Scammell and Karl Willmott locked in as the Men’s and Women’s head coaches, planning has been underway for the State Under 23 teams program, with the teams to compete in Queensland from 11 July – 14 July.
2018 is looking like an exciting year following on from the strong performances of the women’s team last year and the return of a men’s team. In order to be eligible for selection into these teams athletes will need to fill out the State Team Nomination Form, get their Association to sign off on it and email it to Simon Blundell at email@example.com before 28 February.
Talent Identification Scouting will them occur at the Open State Championships on the weekend of 10/11 March. Where athletes will not be participating in the Open State Championships due to a valid reason (travel, injury, work commitments) but wish to be considered for either the Under 23 or Open teams they will need to submit a request for exemption to Simon Blundell providing any relevant supporting documents (travel itinerary, medical certificate, declaration from employer) by 28 February.
Following this, trials will most likely occur on Sunday 25 March from 9:00am to 1:00pm with the location to be confirmed in the coming weeks. At this stage only one trial has been scheduled however the coaches may decide to go to a squad before selecting the final teams to go away. So, we encourage you to turn up on the day with your game face on ready to demonstrate your best technical, tactical and teamwork skills.
Talent ID Scouts
To assist us with this process Softball Victoria is looking for individuals to accept the role as Talent Identification Scouts at the Open State Championships on 10/11 March.
The TID scouts play an important part in the elite pathway within the State program. Individuals wishing to assist in this role at the Open State Championships should complete the nominations form as soon as possible but no later than 16 February to enable the necessary planning to occur.
Any individual wishing to be a TID scout should:
- Read the Position Description – CLICK HERE
- Read the Instruction manual – CLICK HERE
- If you feel you meet the eligibility requirements please complete the registration form – CLICK HERE
State Team Selectors
Softball Victoria is also calling for nominations to act as selectors for our Under 23 State teams, interested individuals are required to have the following:
- Hold a minimum Level 2 Coach Accreditation and current Working with Children’s Check
- Have played or coached at a State or National level in the last 15 years
- Must have coached at club level in the last 3 years
In addition to these applicants will be required to:
- Liaise with Coaches and SV office staff
- Attend all of the trials for the team appointed to
- Take detailed notes on all of the trialists and complete the Selectors report at the end of the trials process
- Potentially be available prior to and following trials to assist with planning and final selection of the teams/squads
For individuals interested in being selectors please click here and complete the nomination form by Monday 5 March.
If you have any questions regarding any of the above please contact the Softball Victoria office.