Softball Victoria would like to formally invite expressions of interest for three (3) Board Director positions.
It is an exciting time in Victorian softball with a strong and vibrant strategic plan that has a clear focus on building the profile of softball and increasing recruitment of new markets.
In addition to this of course is the Aussie Spirit qualifying for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games which has already created a huge buzz across the world!
The advertised positions present an opportunity for a skilled and passionate person to have an impact on shaping the future of the sport in Victoria.
The Board is responsible to the members for the overall strategy, governance and performance of Softball Victoria. The role of the Board includes the following:
- Appoint the Chief Executive Officer and evaluate his or her performance
- With the input of management, set the strategic direction of Softball Victoria, monitor implementation of that strategy and review management’s performance against the strategic goals set
- Oversee the development of annual operational plans and budgets and monitor performance against plans
- Provide advice to management or give direction or make decisions of an extraordinary or strategic nature when required
- Ensure appropriate financial management and governance policies and procedures are established and maintained
- Ensuring clear financial authorisations are given to appropriate positions within Softball Victoria and ensure these authorisations are recorded and reviewed annually
- Monitor the integrity of and approve the annual financial statements
To submit an expression of interest please submit a cover letter, resumé and any other relevant information to the Chief Executive Officer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Att: Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 2018
FITZROY VIC 3065
If you have any questions please call Softball Victoria CEO Nick Frayne on 0407 398 081