The New Zealand Masters Games is an annual multisport event which alternates between Dunedin and Wanganui.
The Otago Community Trust New Zealand Masters Games 2018 will be held in Dunedin from the 3rd to the 11th of February. With the Australian Masters Games being held in a couple of months, the New Zealand event will be a great follow up for some softball teams.
Softball is a key event at the Masters Games. We would like to encourage as many Masters Softball competitors to join us in Dunedin at the 2018 event, and would like to request your assistance in advising your association members of this event. Any assistance in promoting this event would be most appreciated, whether this is including the event on your website, in any newsletters and on your social media outlets.
Information on the Otago Community Trust New Zealand Masters Games 2018
- The 2018 event will be held from the 3rd to the 11th of February 2018
- The 2018 event will be held in Dunedin which is located in the southern region of the South Island, New Zealand.
- Attracting over 5000 competitors, they will come from Otago, other regions of New Zealand and overseas.
- We have 63 events in the schedule offering a full range of sports to participate in for both winter and summer codes.
- There are opening and closing ceremonies, medals are awarded and with a full entertainment schedule having fun is just as important as the sport.
- Competitors do not need to be an elite athlete to compete and do not need to qualify. Anyone can register for the Games – whether to win, to beat their personal best or to just have fun.
- To register or for more information go to www.nzmg.com.
Information on Softball at the Masters Games 2018
- Softball is a key sport on offer during the games.
- Softball will be on from the 3rd to the 6th of February 2018.
- Minimum age for competitors is 35 years
- The event offers both competitive and social grades.
For more information, check out the event flyer here.