Softball Australia is seeking expressions of interest for coaches and team managers for Australian squads for the 2017 Softball Australia International Friendship Series program, to be held at Redlands Softball Association, from Friday 30 June – Friday 7 July.
Softball Australia will have two junior women’s and two junior men’s teams participating in the program and is seeking:
- 1 Head Coach per team (4 in total)
- 2 Development Coaches per team (8 in total)
- 1 Team Manager per team (4 in total)
- Friendship Series Head Coach PD
- Friendship Series Development Coach PD
- Friendship Series Team Manager PD
This is an ideal opportunity for coaches and team managers to enter the national pathway for junior and senior Australian team programs. The week will expose coaches to education and development opportunities in addition to working with Australia’s best junior athletes.
The Friendship Series program includes a three day training camp (Friday 30 June – Sunday 2 July) and five day tournament (Monday 3 July – Friday 7 July). There will be other teams from Australia and overseas participating in the tournament.
There is no levy payable for the team manager or head coach positions. A levy is payable for the development coach positions, approximate cost (incl. GST) will be as follows:
- $450 for coaches if flights are not required; $600 if flights are required
The levy covers accommodation, meals, apparel, team photo, tournament program and all other development opportunities during the week.
- A copy of the applicant’s resume
- A covering letter (no more than 1 page) which addresses the required qualifications and experience in the PD.
Successful applicants will be contacted via e-mail and/or phone.