Softball Victoria would like to formally invite expressions of interest for two (2) Board Director positions.
The positions are casual, board appointed vacancies as per the Softball Victoria Constitution.
It is an exciting time in Victorian softball with a new strategic plan in development in consultation with all of our members and key stakeholders, and these positions present an opportunity for a skilled and passionate person to have an impact on shaping the future of the sport in Victoria.
The board is responsible to the members for the overall strategy, governance and performance of Softball Victoria. The role of the Board includes the following:
- Appoint and remove the Chief Executive Officer and evaluate his or her performance at least annually
- With the input of management, set the strategic direction of Softball Victoria, monitor implementation of that strategy and review management’s performance against the strategic goals set
- Oversee the development of annual operational plans and budgets and monitor performance against plans
- Provide advice to management or give direction or make decisions of an extraordinary or strategic nature when required
- Ensure appropriate financial management and governance policies and procedures (that comply with the legal requirements of the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 and any other applicable legislation) are established and maintained
- Ensuring clear financial authorisations are given to appropriate positions within Softball Victoria and ensure these authorisations are recorded and reviewed annually
- Monitor the integrity of and approve the annual financial statements
- Nominate the external auditor
To submit an expression of interest please submit a cover letter, resumé and any other relevant information to the Chief Executive Officer no later than Friday 16th February 2018.
Expressions of interest can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Att: Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 2018
FITZROY VIC 3065
See below link to the Softball Victoria Board Charter
Enquiries can be made to Softball Victoria CEO Nick Frayne on 9415 1745