Coaching Accreditation & Re-Accreditation
COACHING ACCREDITATION & RE-ACCREDITATION
Every coach who is actively coaching in Victoria is expected to hold a current Softball Australia accreditation.
Softball Victoria currently offers:
Combined Softball Community Coach (SCCP) and Level 1:
No previous softball experience required
Also, must have Working With Children Check (or VET Registration) and have completed the Play by the Rules online courses on Child Protection and Harassment & Discrimination.
Must hold Level 1 Accreditation, current Working With Children Check and current Play by the Rules certificates.
Must hold Level 2 Accreditation, current Working With Children Check and current Play by the Rules certificates.
Level 4 (Due in 2017):
Must hold Level 3 Accreditation, current Working With Children Check and current Play by the Rules certificates.
Every coach who is actively coaching in Victoria is expected to a hold a current Softball Australia coaching accreditation. Coaching accreditations are required to be renewed every four years.
In order to re-accredit, coaches are required to do the following:
- Complete a Softball Australia coaching Activity Sheet, and have the activities signed off by the appropriate person (see below).
- Sign a Softball Australia Coaches Code of Conduct (see below).
- Pay the $30 re-accreditation fee to Softball Victoria, which can be done via this link.
- Provide a copy of a current Working with Children’s Check.
- Provide current copies of the Play by the Rules certificates for the online Child Protection and Harassment & Discrimination courses (available here)
These documents can be forward to the Athlete and Coach Performance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where your accreditation lapsed/expired more than 12 months ago, you will need to accumulate an additional 25 points for each year over and above the four year period, and in some cases you may be required to repeat the accreditation course. If your accreditation expired/lapsed more than 2 years ago, you must repeat the accreditation course.
For additional information, contact Softball Victoria on (03) 9415 1745 or at email@example.com
Price List for SV Courses